What we do
At Drury | Porter Novelli we possess the power to influence, inspire and create change. By embracing new technologies and pushing creative boundaries, we help our clients to adapt and win in an ever changing world. Our areas of expertise also include strategic planning, on and offline brand communications, social and digital media, B2B communications, corporate responsibility, community relations, crisis management, event management, investor relations, internal communications, litigation communications, media relations and training, reputation management, and sponsorship support. By using unique proprietary planning and digital tools such as DruryPN+ and DruryPN Connect, our specialist teams plan and execute powerful integrated campaigns designed to deliver against agreed business objectives.
- Corporate PR
- Consumer & Brand Communications
- Financial PR
At its simplest, corporate PR is about telling the story of your business – its successes, its plans, its value and its vision. Why? Companies that display leadership, demonstrate momentum, share experiences and articulate perspectives connect with the people they want to influence and ultimately support their business objectives. From announcing new developments to creating platforms that allow your senior people show their expertise, Drury | Porter Novelli works closely with companies of all sizes and sectors to design and deliver bespoke corporate communication strategies that enhance credibility and build confidence. We also help offset negative publicity in times of crisis and reinforce your B2B, marketing communications and CSR programme. Every company has a different story to tell, and every company can benefit from strategic communications advice.
Consumer & Brand Communications
In recent years, Drury | Porter Novelli has been building a strong reputation as an expert in consumer, brand and lifestyle PR. The consumer division of Drury | Porter Novelli is a young, dynamic team with a mix of creativity, talent and knowledge of the ever-changing PR landscape that allows us to serve clients’ needs to the very highest standards. Through the identification of critical consumer insights, we have delivered creative, successful campaigns which capture consumer imagination and result in brand recognition, behavioural change and an increase in sales for a diverse client base. The consumer team has experience in promoting, enhancing and managing high-profile brands in the FMCG, and lifestyle sectors including food and drinks brands; fashion; beauty, nutrition and healthcare; hospitality, travel and tourism. As a result of a wide ranging client base, we enjoy excellent relationships with media, and through smart and creative consumer communications, we energise, elevate and promote the products and services of some of the world’s most successful brands. The consumer and brand communications division of Drury | Porter Novelli specialises in:
- Creation and implementation of comprehensive PR strategies and campaigns, social media and digital marketing strategies
- Programme planning and development
- Integrated communications campaigns
- Media relations including photo calls, media briefings and press trips
- New product launches
- Event management
- Issue management
Drury | Porter Novelli has been a market leader in financial public relations in Ireland for 25 years. Our team has advised many quoted and private companies on corporate activity and has an unparalleled track record in IPOs, listings, M&A, fundraising, financial reporting, restructuring and issue management. At the heart of our offer is sound advice and judgment. We have a strong strategic approach to analysis and planning. This is backed up with skills and in-depth experience of delivering practical financial PR solutions. Our financial communications skills focus on managing the flow of financial and related information to media and investment audiences on behalf of business clients, particularly publicly quoted companies. We are at the centre of corporate activity and key business events in Ireland working in tandem with like-minded advisors in Irish and international corporate finance, banking, legal and accountancy professions. A snapshot of our unparalleled experience over the past few years is outlined as follows:
- Advising board and management of Arnotts in relation to the bidding process to acquire IBRC and Ulster Bank loans to the business in December 2013
- Receivership and subsequent Examinership of Irish fashion brand A|wear on behalf of owners and subsequently the Examiner, Ken Fennell of Kavanagh Fennell in November and December
- Announcement of the MML Growth Capital Ireland Fund in conjunction with Enterprise Ireland in November on behalf of MML Capital
- Advising Blackstone regarding the NewEra sale process relating to Bord Gais Energy in October to December.
- The acquisition of Enet, manager of the State’s fiber-optic Metropolitan area Networks, by Granahan McCourt and Oakhill Advisors in September, on behalf of Granahan McCourt
- Liquidation of Andersen Ireland on behalf of SMB Partners in September
- Acquisition of Sree Jayajothi Cements Ltd by My Home Industries Ltd for €175 million on behalf of CRH in August
- Examinership of Homebase Ireland from July to October, on behalf of Home Retail Group plc
- Announcement in July of 17 acquisition and investment initiatives totaling €236 million by CRH in the first half of 2013, on behalf of CRH.
- Car Trawler acquisition of the Holiday Autos brand and online business from Travelocity in June, on behalf of Car Trawler.
- Acquisition of property related loan portfolio “Project Aspen” from NAMA by Starwood and Key Capital investors in May, on behalf of Key Capital Real Estate.
- Acquisition by CRH of Mykolaiv Cement in Ukraine for €96 million in May on behalf of CRH.
- Receivership and subsequent acquisition process of Henry Good Limited in March on behalf of the Directors
- The acquisition of the Irish Examiner and associated media on behalf of Landmark Media Investments and AIB in March
- The receivership of Thomas Crosbie Holdings on behalf of KPMG in March
- Acquisition of Cementos Lemona in Spain by CRH in February 2013 on behalf of CRH
- Announcement of 18 bolt on acquisition by CRH in H2 2012 for €375 million in January
- Advised Centric Health on €20 million investment by Metric Capital Partners and acquisition of Global Diagnostics
- Acquisition of Gleeson Group at an enterprise value of €58 million on behalf of C&C Group plc
- Advised C&C Group plc on the $305m acquisition of the Vermont Hard Cider Company
- Acquisition of Keelings Food Service business on behalf of Sysco Corporation
- Acquisition by Gordon Brothers of the business and assets of Clery & Co on behalf of Gordon Brothers and Grant Thornton
- Announcement of 36 acquisition and investment initiatives in Europe, America and China totalling €631 million on behalf of CRH
- Acquisition of Schau, a US food to go business, on behalf of Greencore
- Acquisition of Crossgar Foodservice on behalf of Sysco Corporation
- The liquidation and sale of Bloxham Stockbrokers private clients business to Davy on behalf of KPMG
- Acquisition in the US of MarketFare food to go businesses by Greencore
- Acquisition of Heat Merchants and Tubs and Tiles by Harleston Group
- Liquidation of BHT Group on behalf of KPMG
- The acquisition of Heat Merchants and Tubs and Tiles by Harleston Group
- Examinership of McSweeney Pharmacy Group on behalf of MCS Group
- Sale of A|wear on behalf of Key Capital
- Acquisition of Walsh Family Foods by Keystone Foods on behalf of KPMG and Keystone Foods
- Paddy Power’s acquisition of Bulgarian online and mobile games developer Cayetano for Paddy Power
- Receivership process around Mr Binman for KPMG
- Announcement of a B2B partnership with the British Colombia Lottery Corporation for Paddy Power
- Sale by Sherry FitzGerald Group of its UK business Marsh & Parsons to UK agency, LSL for £53m in November 2011
- C&C Group’s acquisition of Hornsby’s for €20 million for G&C Group
- Advising Greencore in relation to the proposed merger with Northern Foods plc
- Disposal of its milk and Retail Stores Business to Connacht Gold Co-Operative Society Limited for Donegal Creameries plc
- Sale of IBRC’s €6bn US loan book to Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase and Lone Star for IBRC
- $100m acquisition of Newbay by RIM on behalf of Balderton Capital
- Receivership and subsequent acquisition of Superquinn on behalf of the syndicate of banks (Bank of Ireland, AIB and NIB) and the receiver (KPMG)
- Advising KPMG re enforcement on Home Payments
- Acquisition of Uniq plc by Greencore for £113m and associated rights issue to raise £80m
- Acquisition of Quinn General Insurance by Liberty Mutual Group and Anglo Irish Bank for Anglo Irish Bank
- Share Receivership of Quinn manufacturing group and property portfolio on behalf of Anglo Irish Bank and KPMG
- CRH buyout of remaining 50% of Bauking joint venture in Germany for €126m
- Transfer of control of Arnotts plc to a consortium of its bank financiers (IBRC/RBS) and the establishment of new board, management and governance structures by Palladin Capital on behalf of the banks
- Disposal of the Spirits business of C&C to William Grant and Son for €300m on behalf of C&C Group plc
- Greencore Group Plc’s disposal of its bottled water business – Greencore Water – to Highland Spring Limited
- Sale of Greencore Malt to French Cooperative, Axereal, on behalf of Greencore Group
- Hellman & Friedman’s €228 million acquisition of Web Reservations International on behalf of WRI
- CRH’s €244 million acquisition of an associate interest in Yatai Cement in China and a range of bolt on acquisitions in the US and Europe.
- The €175 million acquisition of Pallas Foods by Sysco Corporation on behalf of Sysco Corporation
- C&C Group Plc’s acquisition of Anheuser Bush InBev’s Scottish and Northern Irish assets for €205 million
- Paddy Power’s €28 million acquisition of a majority stake in Australia’s leading corporate bookmaker, Sportsbet
- C&C Group Plc’s acquisition of The Gaymer Cider Company for €50 million
- CVC Capital Partners’ expression of interest in Eircom Holdings Ltd
- Greencore Group Plc’s disposal of its bottled water business – Greencore Water – to Highland Spring Limited
- The defence of Aer Lingus against the second hostile bid by Ryanair on behalf of Aer Lingus
- Healthcare Communications
- Project Communications
- Public Affairs
Drury | Porter Novelli has a strong track record in providing communications and public affairs advice across the Irish healthcare sector. We also specialise in devising creative public awareness and public education campaigns around drug and medical product launches. Drury | Porter Novelli currently provides strategic communications advice to Tallaght Hospital and Beaumont Hospital. We also work in other areas of the sector with clients such as the leading independent pathology providers Biomnis Ireland and wholesale drug distributors Cahill May Roberts and Movianto. On the campaigns side – Meningitis, Psoriasis, Cervical Cancer, Erectile Dysfunction, Prostate Cancer, Oesophageal Cancer, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Malaria, COPD and Asthma – are just some of the conditions that Drury | Porter Novelli has helped demystify and create awareness of over the past few years through innovative public information campaigns. We have also worked with patient groups Oesophageal Cancer Ireland, Orbis Ireland and Friends of St Luke’s and we have advised several medical representative organisations including the Irish College of General Practitioners and the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland. We also work with some of the leading global pharma names with operations in Ireland including Alexion and A.Menarini Pharmaceuticals.
Drury | Porter Novelli has increasingly brought our communications experience and expertise to the area of energy, planning and infrastructure. Heightened public and political interest in infrastructural developments, pressure from government to deliver projects and to do everything reasonable to secure community acceptance, as well as international requirements from conventions such as Aarhus, have created a demand for more comprehensive and effective communication. We have a strong record in working with Ireland’s leading companies and semi-state agencies to devise flexible and solution-orientated communications strategies that can adapt and respond to individual projects. Our services include:
- Preparation of extensive positioning and messaging requirements for projects from initial high level message to the development of engaging and effective project communications material
- Media relations management for projects from commencement right through to submission of planning and oral hearings before An Bord Pleanála
- Advice on engagement with stakeholders for projects including those involving sensitive planning applications
- Facilitation of political briefings, media briefings, media training, issues and crisis management and engagement with community representatives as required throughout the project lifecycle
From engaging with local stakeholders to national political representatives and media, we offer a team of senior consultants with in-depth knowledge of managing communications programmes to assist with successfully delivering on project objectives.
The public affairs team at Drury | Porter Novelli works with many organisations, businesses, charities and public bodies providing counsel and guidance on relations with Government, the Oireachtas, the public service, local authorities and relevant state agencies and regulatory authorities. Our team constantly maps the changing political environment, keeps a close eye on the legislative agenda, identifies impending regulatory change and advises clients on how best to engage with the political system. Political decision-making is always a balancing act between an array of competing voices scrambling for attention and resources, and often pursuing conflicting agendas. Pressure groups, individual citizens, academics, advocacy groups and media all play their part in creating and shaping political viewpoints. Everybody has a right to representation – we help clients to have their voice heard through strategic public affairs campaigns – understanding how decisions are made and who makes them, building relationships and sharing information. We advise, design and implement programmes that can achieve successful outcomes for clients and which enhance their relations with government and the political system. Our services include PA strategy development, advocacy and lobbying, campaign design and coalition building, political event management and stakeholder relations. Our knowledge and understanding of the political system and decision-making apparatus within Government as well as the landscape that surrounds such decisions, enables us to guide clients towards strategic solutions.